Day Two – My Sun Salutation SequenceMarch 3, 2009 at 4:14 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
I’m not sure if I’m really meeting my goal today, I may still do some more yoga or pilates later tonight but I’m a little bushed right now from running up and down the stairs putting laundry away for 20 minutes.
If you add that to the 10 minutes of Sun Salutations I did this morning, that gets me half way there.
Now the Sun Salutations that I’m currently doing is a combination of the one found on Yoga Journal (or at least what I’ve seen mostly written) and the one on my dvd. I chose this because it works best with my breathing and I stop and start in the same spot of my breath.
This is what I do (also writing down to keep it as reference so that I can look back in the future and see what I did… hi to my future self!)
1. Start in Tadasana (Mountain Pose) with hands in prayer. Find your breathing.
2. Breath in and move to Urdhva Hastasana (Upward Salute).
3. Breath out and move to Ardha Uttanasana (Standing Half Forward Bend) (will be Uttanasana when I can stretch far enough).
4. Breathe in and move to High Lunge.
5. Breathe out and move both legs together into the Plank Pose.
6. Breathe in and lower into the Chaturanga Dandasana (Four-Limbed Staff Pose)
7. Breath out and stretch into the Urdhva Mukha Svanasana (Upward-Facing Dog) (though looking at the pictures I think I’ve been doing Cobra pose.. oops)
8. Breathe in and raise up into
Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog)
9. Hold Adho Mukha Svanasana (Downward-Facing Dog) and breathe in and out 3 times.
10. Breathe in and move into High Lunge with the opposite leg from what was used last time.
11. Breathe out and move to Ardha Uttanasana (Standing Half Forward Bend)
12. Breathe in and stretch up to Urdhva Hastasana (Upward Salute).
13. Breathe out and bring hands back to prayer and relax in Tadasana (Mountain Pose)
So that’s what I’ve been doing and I think it works well for now. I’m trying to do 6 repeats in the morning for now and maybe I’ll work up to more.
Not sure if I’ll be doing more exercize tonight but I’ll have to see.
Today’s Exercize (so far):
Time: 30 Minutes
What: Yoga: Sun Salutations 10 min, Laundry: Up and down a flight of stairs repeatedly, 20 min.
Feeling: Not too bad, a little tight and my legs are sore, I can feel last night’s yoga in my glutes though.