SP4 QuestionnaireJanuary 14, 2005 at 10:45 pm | Posted in Uncategorized | Leave a comment
Ok I know I keep promising pics, and I will get around to it soon.. have lots to show, but i’ve been really really busy with life stuff…
anyway… I just joined SP4 (well rather, have been joined for a bit, but it’s starting up soon) and while the Pals haven’t been handed out yet, I figured I’d fill out the questionnaire thing now since… I’m really really horrid at updating through the week (I’m gonna try to get better, I’ve joined a few knit alongs so we’ll see)
anyway… on to the questions
1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer high- and/natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand? Or is it all the same to you?
Yarn is Yarn to me, I’ve actually taken acrylic yarn from people who’ve wanted to use more higher grade stuff, so anything is good as long as it’s pretty.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
My New Years resolutions this year were to learn how to do both, I have books on Crocheting but haven’t gotten around to stuff for spinning yet, it’s hard to find around here.
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.)
Grapes and Raisins (and anything made from grapes) not deathly, I just get hives, but it’s annoying.
4. How long have you been knitting?
I was taught when I was four, and knit sparodically after that, but really got into the swing of things this past summer.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Nope, my family isn’t online so there isn’t any real reason. But as far as knitting books go, I only have the first Stitch ‘n Bitch, Knitting on the Edge, and The Joy of Knitting so knitting related books other than that are awesome!
6. What’s your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
Vanilla and/or Coconut.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth?
I love candy and chocolate.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
Sew, I go to conventions and things and make my own costumes a lot.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I play most of my music over Computer and it does play MP3s. I’m pretty open with music, I love Celtic types, my favourite group is Great Big Sea (I have all but their newest CD), I really like JPop music (especially Morning Musume and any group or Soloist from the H!P Project) I love broadway (mostly Andrew Lloyd Webber) and so any CD from a broadway or west end (or any theatrical) musical would be awesome.
10. What’s your favorite color? Or–do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer?
Blue and Purple are my absolute favs.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
I currently live with my mother and brother (tho the brother is going off to school next fall) I don’t have any pets (tho I wish I did) and spend a LOT of time over at my best friend’s house.
12. What are your life dreams? (really stretching it here, I know)
To get out of the factory I currently work in, go to school to become a secretary, work a couple years, then go backpacking in Europe for a year… I’ll worry about the rest of my life after that..
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I don’t really have a ‘favourite’ yarn, I’m still mostly knitting with acrylic as that’s really all I can afford and I don’t really know what all the others feel like.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Haven’t found one yet..
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
I make a lot of scarves and stuff, but I’m hoping to move on to sweaters and clothes.
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Anything that’s pretty.
17. What are you knitting right now?
Wrist warmers for a Lolita cosutme, a scarf, Legwarmers for a costume, the Mariah cardigan and Oslofia’s Hello Kitty outfit.
18. What do you think about ponchos?
I think they’re pretty, but by the time I make one, they’ll have gone out of style.
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
I only have straight really (slowly stocking up on circs) and would love to get more… I also need DPNs desperately.
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I’ve not tried Bamboo, plastic kind of annoys me (I’m scared I’ll break them) and I really like aluminum
21. Are you a sock knitter?
Not yet, but I hope to become one, it’s another resolution this year.
22. How did you learn to knit?
My grandmother taught me, I used the Stitch ‘n Bitch books to refresh my memory, and if I get stuck I go back to my Gramma.
23. How old is your oldest UFO?
That I kept, 6 months…
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird?
I love Japanese animation, so anything that’s cute and Anime I love, but Hello Kitty is the best. My favourite animal is a cat, house cats and big cats.
25. What is your favorite holiday?
26. Is there anything that you collect?
Teddy Bears, specifically Hard Rock Cafe ones and Care Bears, and Hello Kitty things.
t’s gonna be so COOL!